Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Plea

Follow the path right down
Open the door
Right there for the taking
Reach out, touch it, feel it

Because the way to my heart has complications
Because the way to my heart is for no simple traveler
Because the way to my heart is only for the brave
Be reckless, my love, be strong and take my heart away

I’ve been remiss in my duty
I haven’t kept house the way a girl should
It’s covered in thorns and signs bidding you to be weary
Time to clear out, clean out, become a welcoming home

So it’s there.
It’s finally there.
It’s time to let you in.
Don’t let me down, please… Just don’t let me down.

1 comment:

  1. Have I ever let you down before?? ummm wait not sure if you should answer that or not, but I hope I havent & I never intend to.

    ReplyDelete