Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Tiny... Itty Bitty Ranty Thing.

It frustrates me. No... Strike that. It infuriates me.

People have sex. That's not what upsets me so much. Your body is your own and you are free to do whatever and whomever you wish.

What pisses me off is when people have sex... and suddenly your body isn't just yours anymore.

It's yours and that tiny baby's.

What you eat, you and your baby eat together.

What you drink, you and your baby eat together.

What you SMOKE, you and your baby SMOKE together.

What you inject into yourself, you are injecting into you AND YOUR BABY.

And that's only the beginning. As much as that frustrates me, what happens after breaks my heart.

That baby is born. That baby is brought into this world out of the supposed 'safety' of it's mothers womb.

And it is not treated with the love, the protection, the respect and the adoration it deserves.

And that baby is kept in this world, surrounded by people who do not treat it as a child, but as a burden.


I'm not just talking about drugs.

Any kind of parenting that is LESS than everything you can give is unacceptable.

And by less, I don't mean perfect twenty four-seven. But ready to grow, learn, adapt and change.




All of that.... is something that infuriates me.

Now ready for something that crushes me?

I would treat that child... not like a gift, not like a burden... but a human being. My child would be the center of my universe, the center of my vision, the center of my future. Because there is nothing more important, more large, more.... overwhelming... than being a parent.

I see that.

I see it so clearly.

So why am I the one that has to watch people who don't deserve the title "Parent" from the sidelines?


Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment